Advertisement

Humble Hopes (Original Composition no. 11) [Inspired by Detroit: Become Human]

Humble Hopes (Original Composition no. 11) [Inspired by Detroit: Become Human] Sheets:

I recently played and finished the game Detroit: Become Human which inspired me to write this piece. It was towards the very end of the game, before the epic showdown that (I later found out) was the final chapter, I decided to stop playing as it was already something like 2 o'clock in the morning. Despite being tired, I had this emotion that the game left me with and I decided to sit down on the piano. I played around a little and this is more or less what came up.

The basic idea that is played in the first few seconds was all I managed to come up with and for the last three days I've tried to expand upon it but I just could not come up with any more than that. Initially I planned to upload this as an improvisation but in the end I still decided to write it down, which forced me to work out a few details and transitions. So it became a composition and my shortest one yet, the music fit into 1 page.

Usually with short ideas like these, I try keeping them around (without writing them down) and eventually I'd come up with something new that would magically work together with what I came up with previously. That is how a few of my compositions came to be.

About the game (no spoilers), I thought I'd be a little disappointed because Quantic Dream used this game formula for a while now and although I do admit that it best suits their type of game I also thought that it maybe started to wear out a little. I wanted to experience the undoubtedly awesome story but I kind of did not want to play the game (and watching let's plays for these type of games is out of the question for me).

Luckily, the game became available for free recently with a Playstation Plus subscription and I was just blown away in every sense of the way. Graphics: 13/10, Soundtrack: 11/10, Story: 12/10

Okay I am over exaggerating a little here but that is the impression the game left behind. From the very first until the very last second I was just dazzled by the graphics. (May I add that the action and fighting scenes were just top of the class?) The soundtrack immediately caught my ear and perfectly captured the atmosphere and everything that is going on. And the story ... omg the story! It started out slow and innocent but as you progress you are faced with some mind boggling situations and there are some ultra philosophical questions thrown at you from time to time that just left me breathless. My story was shaping up perfectly (albeit with some regretful mishaps) and towards the end of the game I thought "Okay this is gonna be it! This will change everything! (Putting myself in the protagonists' shoes)" But somehow everything just fell apart and burnt down (not literally ... mostly) and I was left with a deep and bitter depression. I feel like I got one of the worst endings possible (and not in a bad way! But as in "it hit really hard and left a deep mark". Plus only like 4% of the people got that ending at the time of beating it).

Detroit: Become Human is an amazing masterpiece and I can just recommend it if you are into great stories! That is my opinion at least.

Thank you again for watching and reading :)

Piano,Kevin,Biewesch,Laurent,Kawai,kawaii,digital,piano,music,sheets,free,slow,fast,difficult,easy,original,composition,ten,performed,performance,not perfect,perfect,war,sad,emotion,full,happy,funny,awesome,epic,tales,Episode,EP,ep,intro,song,detroit,become,human,connor,hank,alice,kara,markus,quantic,dream,ps,playstation,four,exclusive,

Post a Comment

0 Comments