Advertisement

At The Trailhead: Beginning A Life with God

At The Trailhead: Beginning A Life with God My parents were divorced. Right before I started Kindergarten my mother, brother, me and our cat Purley got on a plan in San Francisco and landed in Salt Lake City, Utah. The best man at my parent's wedding picked us up and took us to his small adobe house on the outskirts of the city. My mom told me many times that my dad didn't want a girl, that he didn't love me.
Losing my dad was incredibly painful.
Not long after while my brother and I were playing together, we were abducted by two men. I was sexually assaulted as my brother watched.
When I heard about God, a Heavenly Father, all I felt was betrayal and longing.
Why didn't my dad love me?
Why didn't God protect me?
For most of my life I would joke about not having the "god gene." I was sure I was wired differently. Other people felt God, but not me.
He wanted nothing to do with me.
I wasn't good enough for him.
I realize now that the way I talked about God, both to others and to myself, showed that I actually did believe in God. I couldn't feel like God had forsaken me if he didn't exist.
I made this video after attending the Alpine Church. They filled me with God's love during the service and then sent me home with a box of love from the congregation.

god,christian,rebirth,spirit,finding god,jesus,christ,Erin Brewer,born again,religious conversion,religion,church,attending church,alpine church,conversion,finding christ,accepting god,accepting christ,prayer,

Post a Comment

0 Comments