Advertisement

Mia Morris – Go On, Get Away |original song| Nashville Artist, Songwriter & Multi-instrumentalist

Mia Morris – Go On, Get Away |original song| Nashville Artist, Songwriter & Multi-instrumentalist I wrote and recorded, Go On, Get Away about 3 months ago and had been trying to decide when it might make sense to release a reggae song :) Every few months, I find myself in the middle of another week or two of listening to mostly reggae and every so often I write something during that time. This video was shot on the first take, on a windy day at a place called Printers Alley in downtown Nashville. I’ve played several clubs along Printers Alley and it’s one of the many cool music spots near Broadway.
The video is a direct nod to Bob Dylan’s, Subterranean Homesick Blues, which I first heard a cover of by The Lumineers live in concert. INXS came along and did the same thing with, Mediate and I’m sure there are many others. I have a lot more original songs than I have time to shoot videos for them so this seemed like a perfect solution. It seems to me that Bob invented the, “lyric video” along with much else in Rock and Folk music along the way.
I played every instrument in this recording and sang everything except the rap breakdown. I would tell you more about the guy who did that for me, (I assume it was a guy..) but OxsiR is all I know. There is a community area in Avid/ProTools where you can post what sort of musician or help you are looking for on a recording and ask for bids. It really is amazing what 50 bucks can get you sometimes… I wrote some lyrics and gave a brief description of the sound I was imagining and a day later, there was a track at the correct BPM for me to drop in. A little cutting and pasting and boom, I had my Ragga feature right where I wanted it – amazing :D
If you’re reading this far into a description of an original song, you probably already follow me on Spotify but just in case… I’ve been promoting Spotify recently as a place to stream my music. There are others like iTunes, Amazon music and Google play and believe me, I’m thrilled with anyone taking any interest at all in my music but Spotify has really been building influence in the music business lately. I’ve been writing and recording for myself and others all year and the songs are beginning to pile up. I’ve decided I’m going to release music every month for awhile regardless if I can find the time to shoot a video or not which is where streaming services come in. If you follow me on Spotify, you will get a notification when I release a new song and the service even has a free version. This is a link that will take you directly to my Spotify landing page if you want to learn more:
Liking, saving and especially, putting my songs into playlists all increase the chances of Spotify deciding to share my music with a much larger audience so your support can absolutely make the difference in my success. Thanks again to all of you that have responded to my request for support on that platform. I see all the streams, saves and downloads and I can see the supporters that I have are streaming a lot and I really, really appreciate it.
I’m 15 years old and I want to be a musician when I grow up. I try to play many instruments but the one that I feel most at home on is a drum set. I would say the only thing that impresses me more than a great musician is a great songwriter so I also spend some of my time trying to learn the magic of songwriting. I thought it would help me keep focused on music if I started a drum series where I learned a new song every couple of weeks. After 5 years, it’s now turned into a larger musical search but my goal hasn’t changed. Hopefully, I will keep doing it, keep loving music and keep getting better.

Instagram --
Spotify --
Website --

mia morris,go on get away,cue card video,bob dylan,INXS,mediate,girl drummer,great female musicians,child musician,great songwriter,raggae music,raggae girl,rock reggae,one man band,one girl band,nashville artist,incredible musician,songwriter,mia girl drummer,multiinstrumentalist,nashville musician,female musician,best american drummer,musical prodigy,best female musician,next big star,mia,

Post a Comment

0 Comments