Advertisement

Rhapsody in Blue: How Gershwin broke the mold

Rhapsody in Blue: How Gershwin broke the mold Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue is a unique genre-defying piece, it breaks all the rules, crosses all the boundaries and has remained massively popular despite regular getting a drubbing from the critics. In this video I take a look at what makes it tick.

⦿ Support the Channel on Patreon⦿


⦿Listen to my new album 'The North Wind was a Woman'⦿
Spotify:
Other services:

⦿ Follow me on Twitter⦿


⦿ Follow me on Instagram⦿


⦿David Bruce Composer Spotify Playlist⦿


⦿My 2nd YouTube Channel⦿



VIDEOS
How to play Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" opening clarinet solo


Swanee


Gershwin's recording of the Rhapsody on piano roll


Leonard Bernstein performing


Original jazz band version


Modern performance of jazz band version:

george gershwin,rhapsody in blue,analysis,

Post a Comment

0 Comments