Advertisement

Hardware Challenge: S Y N T H E T I C

Hardware Challenge: S Y N T H E T I C Hardware challenge was a bit broad: jam should include lots of synthetic sounds. I decided to try to use the idea I experimented with earlier (MF-102 carrier oscillator modulating the Sirin filter). I expanded on that by also having the Sirin's LFO doing sample & hold stuff on the filter and the oscillator 2 pitch. The ring mod LFO is modulating the carrier oscillator frequency as well. The Sirin's audio is processed through the ring modulator, primarily for the drive circuit, but I also mix in some of the ring mod effect too.

Slim Phatty, I am not sure what was going on with my patch but something along the lines of the LFO in S&H mode modulating the Osc 2 Wave. Slim gets fed into the MF Drive and a Source Audio Bass Envelope filter.

PX7 is playing some synth preset I decided on at the last minute.

Boss DD500 and MF Chorus are fed some of the Sirin and PX7 (via Aux outs on Mackie) for a bit more filling out of the textures.

Recorded dry in FL Studio, then added a tiny bit of Waves LA2A compression to easy peaks. Fabfilter Pro L-2 is on the master for safety.

Gear list:
- MPC Live
- Moog Sirin
- Moog Slim Phatty
- E-MU PX-7
- Mackie VLZ4
- Boss DD500
- Boss RV500

synthesizer,jam,hardware,moog,sirin,moog sirin,mpc,mpc live,akai,meris,meris polymoon,808,arpeggiator,hip hop,rap,trap,bass,e-mu,px-7,mp-7,m7,instrumentals,boss dd500,dd500,ring modulator,mf102,

Post a Comment

0 Comments