Advertisement

[HD] Kirrah Amosa - Island Way (Official Video)

[HD] Kirrah Amosa - Island Way (Official Video) Island Way is part of my new 4 Track EP released on 28th of Feb 2020. It brings light to my Polynesian upbringing and invites you in to enjoy our ways of life. The more music I make, the more aware I am of my roots and influences, which, undeniably, started in my home – surrounded by family, music pumping, voices singing, sharing a meal. My family’s desire for giving what we have, even when it is nothing more than our time or talents, is one of my most-prized, proudest memories, and a tradition I vow to share with anyone I can. Island Way is an invitation into the Island culture, a song that encompasses good vibes, our contagious energy, and the carefree Polynesian way of life.

ISLAND WAY EP
[SPOTIFY LINK]



I am dedicating my newest body of work to my Samoan heritage and my Polynesian upbringing. When writing my latest music, I really resonated with the idea of creating a sound that represents my background. I am the product of such a diverse concoction of elements, but I can’t deny the influence that my Polynesian roots have had on the young woman and artist that I have become.

I haven’t descended from worldly riches but I deem myself extremely wealthy – I have an endless supply of shoulders I can lean on when I’m drained of energy, a huge community supporting my passion for music and performance, countless mentors and teachers guiding me through my journey, and so many loved ones and strangers that give what they can to help me succeed. I have seen my father take food off his own plate to feed others, I have seen my mother dedicate her life and health to raising 6 healthy children, I’ve seen my destitute grandparents forefront fundraisers to send money to our family in the Islands, I have met extended family for the first time that are living in third world conditions that have greeted me with a feast I couldn’t finish, and I have had mentors hand me the path to my dreams, despite the enormous financial cost and having young mouths to feed at home. I have seen my ‘aiga’ and loved ones give when they have nothing, and I couldn’t be more motivated to give back what I can and pay homage where it’s due.

Creating this EP has sparked an even deeper desire to learn the history of my ancestors and I hope to take my music back home to the Islands that inspired its creation. But until then, I hope to reach out to my brothers and sisters residing in their ‘fales’ on their family land through my music, and thank them for the history they carry in their blood, blood that I am honoured to share with them.

Find me follow me share my journey and story 🙂








Recent Articles




#newmusic #newmusicvideo #polypop #polyrnb #islandvibes #islandmusic #islandway #polynesian #indieartist #kirrahamosa

#kirrahamosa #islandway #newmusic #polyartist #islandgirl #polypop,#poprnb,#islandvibes,

Post a Comment

0 Comments